IT sector provides you ample job opportunities in various fields. Job seekers’ searching for the jobs after completing their graduation is the crucial part of their lives. They want to explore something new by choosing the best career option for them. But to find a good career option which is suitable for them is a bit confusing. In order to meet the satisfaction of a candidate, IT sector has given you many options and System Administrator jobs are one such option. It is one of the exciting career options for those who are heavily interested in computers. They are responsible for managing computer systems or networks in an organization. They ensure that the system works properly without any fail. And if the problems occur they rectify them in the best possible way.
Educational qualifications required: A candidate must possess a bachelor degree in Computer Science. For a System Administrator, an experience of at least 3-4 years is mandatory. It is the much-needed aspect of the resume of a candidate. This field requires skills and experience to compete with others. A certificate course to the related field is also acceptable in the job.
Duties of a System Administrator:
- Maintaining and installing the appropriate system
- Monitor security system from time to time
- Must create a backup and restore information if necessary
- Responsible for monitoring the network efficiency
- Resolve the problems occur in network and system
- Responsible for security measures
- Update the system as soon as new versions are available
- Must train other IT staff
- Setting up users account and maintain them by updating and resetting passwords
Skills: Here, is the list of the skills you will need to be a good System Administrator
- Problem-solving: Candidates must be able to solve the problems quickly by giving immediate actions towards it. As the server goes down frequently, they are prompt in diagnosing the error and fixed in short period of time.
- Communication skills: Strong interpersonal or communication skills are required in every field. Communication connects one with another and helps them in understanding the viewpoints of other colleagues.
- Know how to use Computers: Working in IT based company; a candidate is well versed in the operating system. They should have copious computer knowledge. Administration field requires analysis and understanding of all the components.
- Able to manage stress: Although working as a system administrator is quite stressful. But this makes it challenging for the candidates, this count as their ability to overcome stress and stay calm while working.
- Be patient: This is one of the essential skills as they have to deal with other staff without hurting their emotions. They also have to be patient while training other colleagues. This will improve the relations and ability to work in friendly environment.
System Administrator Jobs are indeed a rewarding career for those who are interested in working with modern technology. These jobs provide you the opportunity to grow and learn and the earning from these are enough to satisfy you. For a successful job search, job seekers have to rely on various job portals like Monster India, Indeed, Naukri etc., and upload your resume there. Don’t be late and grab your opportunity now.