For aspirants who want to work in the investment world, there is nothing like CFA® Program from CFA Institute, USA.
It is a self-study program and allows you to continue your job full time and not loose on salary.
The total cost of the program is around $3000 and is split into three exam levels. But this is better than free as you can continue to work full time and earn the salary.
There are many subjects including equity investments and portfolio management.
There is big emphasis on ethical standards. You can read a quick summary of ethical standards on this blog by FinQuiz – Approved Prep Provider from CFA Institute.
Hundreds of thousands of candidates appear in these exams every year and test centers are located in all across the world.
- Level I is offered twice every year in June and December.
- Candidates can appear in Level II and III exams in June only.
Registration need completion of sixteen years of education. Final year students in undergraduate programs can register for exam level I.
Candidates with four years of full time job experience can register as well, even if they do not have sixteen years of education.
A candidate graduating from university in summer can register for December Level I and can appear in Level II in coming June.
This makes completion of two exam levels in one year possible and can add a lot of value in CV.
The biggest advantage is world-wide recognition of the certification. The same qualification is respected in US, UK, China, Canada and even in continental Europe.
Exams are difficult and pass rates are around 40% for each exam level.
- Candidates are expected to score 70% marks to get passing score.
- Each exam level comprises a single day exam conducted on first Saturday.
- There are two exam sessions on exam day of three hours each.
- Level I exam comprises 360 Multiple Choice Questions.
- Level II exam is in item-set multiple choice question format.
- Level III AM session is essay-type and PM session is similar to the second exam level.
Trademark Disclaimer: CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are registered trademarks owned by CFA Institute.